Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
1. Information we may collect from you
We may monitor visits to the Website, in order principally, to ensure that it is easy to navigate, identify the areas that are of particular interest to visitors and generally improve the Website and services offered. The information we collect in this process will not identify you as an individual and it does not seek to identify individual visitors unless they volunteer their contact details through one of the forms on the Website.
In some circumstances our records may identify organisations visiting the Website and we may use that information in managing its relationship with those organisations, for example, in considering how to develop the services that it offers.
The personal information we hold about you will depend on the services you request from us and the use that you make of those services. We may collect:
- Information regarding your use of our services including but not limited to telephone numbers, SMS, MMS, emails and other electronic communications received or made by you and the date, time, cost and duration, of such communications, your browsing history (including web sites you visit) and location data, internet PC location for broadband, address location for billing, delivery, installation or your phone location.
- Information that you provide by filling in forms and submitting information over the phone, by post, email, fax or on the Website. This includes information provided on registration for any one of our services, through surveys, by posting material on the Website or by requesting services from us.
- If you contact us, whether through the Website or otherwise (for example, by post, email, fax, phone, text message) we may keep a record of that correspondence. For example, if you submit a query, a complaint or a refund request, report a problem with our service or Website, or otherwise liaise with our customer service, technical support or any other department in our company we may keep such record.
- Records of use made by you of services provided by us to you.
- Your IP address (this is your computer’s individual identification number for internet connection) is automatically logged by our web server. This is used to note your interest in this Website, and
- Details of your visits to our Website (including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access.
The above information may include any personal information that relates to and identifies you, including but not limited to your name, date of birth, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, bank account details, and any other information collected as set out in the above list.
We may check some of the information that you provide against third party databases to confirm that it is accurate.
In some cases, for example where we carry out credit checks or collect information from organisations to whom we outsource functions, your personal information will be collected indirectly.
We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
2. How we may use the information collected from you
We may process this information for the purpose of:
- providing you with electronic communications services including, without limitation: (i) provisioning or connecting your service; (ii) network routing; (iii) investigating and fixing faults in relation to the services and (iv) investigating complaints;
- enhancing and personalising the services that we offer to you;
- administering accounts records;
- providing you access to all parts or features of our services or the Website;
- communicating with you on any matter relating to the provision generally of our services;
- dealing with your inquiries and requests, including contacting you if necessary;
- carrying out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us; processing your payment;
- contacting you for your views on our services and notifying you occasionally about important changes or developments to our services or the Website;
- carrying out market research campaigns;
- improving and developing our services or the Website;
- ensuring that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or mobile device;
- performing research and statistical analysis and analysing markets and producing reports; and debt recovery or
- We may also gather this information and statistics on aggregated basis for the purposes of monitoring the usage of the Website and our services and may provide such aggregate information to third parties such as advertisers, telecoms carriers, content providers our affiliated companies or prospective business partners. These statistics will not include information that can be used to identify you.
3. Information security
If you are aged 16 or under, you will need your parent or guardian’s permission before providing any personal data. Otherwise, you are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
The internet is not a secure medium. However, we have put in place various security procedures with regards to the Website and your electronic communications with us, as set out in this policy.
Please be aware that communications over the internet, such as emails/webmails are not secure unless they have been encrypted. Your communications may route through a number of countries before being delivered – this is the nature of the World Wide Web/internet.
We cannot accept responsibility for any unauthorised access or loss of personal information that is beyond our control. You must not share your password which give you access to any of our services. Your passwords and any other secret information are your responsibility, and must not be disclosed to any third party.
All of our employees and data processors that have access to, and are associated with, the processing of your personal information are obliged to respect the confidentiality of our visitors’ information.
We may need to disclose your data, if required by law or when requested to by regulatory bodies or law enforcement organisations, which may use your data for regulatory purposes.
4.To whom will your information be disclosed?
- to organisations to whom we outsource services, and our business partners and associates, universities we work with; we will reasonably ensure that anyone to whom we pass your information agrees to treat your information with the same level of protection as if we were dealing with it;
- to regulatory bodies for the purposes of monitoring and/or enforcing our compliance with any regulatory rules/codes or where required by law, regulation or legal proceedings;
- to a competent authority in response to a valid, legally compliant request by a competent authority;
- to our employees;
- to insurance companies and administrators where you decide to take an insurance policy through us;
5. Data retention
We will only retain information for as long as this is needed including for billing and for accountancy purposes. However, in certain circumstances and to comply with the Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act 2000 (RIPA) and any other applicable legislation.
We may retain the information for a minimum time of 6 months and no longer than 3 years.
6. Liability and compensation
We limit our liability, to the fullest extent permitted by any law, for damages arising from any cause whatsoever to the maximum amount of money that you paid/not paid for a service and/or product, or other content to INR 25,000.00 due to the nature of the violation, damage, compensation, or any other circumstance.